I am headed down the home stretch -- a darn good thing considering that the FINAL deadline for the manuscript and photos is June 1! Here's what I still need to do:
- Write and select photos for 7-8 more entries ranging in length from 100 to 400 words.
- Write an introduction, acknowledgments, and author bio.
- Write 5-6 regional section "openers" at 250-300 words each.
- Find an "overview" map of Chicago.
- Pinpoint the locations of about 100 "curiosities" on regional maps.
- Develop the final photo list with ID numbers, captions, etc.
- Do a final word count on the entire manuscript to make sure I'm at 30,000-35,000 words.
And now, as I said, I'm headed down the home stretch. Onward and upward!