BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 19, 2010

Update on Chicago Curiosities

Ah... the plot thickens! Or, rather, the manuscript thickens. I'm talking about Chicago Curiosities, scheduled for publication by The Globe Pequot Press in December.


I am headed down the home stretch -- a darn good thing considering that the FINAL deadline for the manuscript and photos is June 1! Here's what I still need to do:

  • Write and select photos for 7-8 more entries ranging in length from 100 to 400 words.
  • Write an introduction, acknowledgments, and author bio.
  • Write 5-6 regional section "openers" at 250-300 words each.
  • Find an "overview" map of Chicago.
  • Pinpoint the locations of about 100 "curiosities" on regional maps.
  • Develop the final photo list with ID numbers, captions, etc.
  • Do a final word count on the entire manuscript to make sure I'm at 30,000-35,000 words.
I've been working on this project since August, 2009. I've made four trips to Chicago to take pictures. 


And now, as I said, I'm headed down the home stretch. Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment